Thursday, July 16, 2009

One Day to Launch

I can't believe that tomorrow at this time, I'll be at O'Hare Airport, getting psyched and ready for a flight I've been looking forward to for years. And I generally don't look forward to flights.

As I'm sure my fellow travel group members are doing, today I'm tying up loose ends, making sure everything is packed and doing a few errands. I'm proud of myself because I did pack early and did all the major things last week.

Now today is a day of peace. 

I feel a calm, drowsy, almost meditative feeling. I've been sleeping well and taking Airborne at night....just as a preventive measure. I've shed my nervousness because even though I don't like plane rides, there is one thing keeping me anchored to that sense of tranquility:

Meeting my daughter on Sunday.

Beth L. Gainer is a professional writer and has published numerous academic and magazine articles, as well as an essay on her breast cancer experience in the anthology Voices of Breast Cancer by LaChance Publishing. She writes about medical advocacy at www.bethlgainer.blogspot.com, and her cat Hemi blogs at www.catterchatter.blogspot.com. Beth teaches writing and literature at Robert Morris University in the Chicago area. She can be contacted at
bethlgainer@gmail.com and gainercallingtheshots@gmail.com. She also blogs on the adventures of her cats, Hemi and Cosette, at http://www.catterchatter.blogspot.com./.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment