Saturday, July 11, 2009

Day 6 and Counting

Rather than fight again with my Nintendo Chinese Coach, I decided to pack for China. My dear coach will be staying behind and entertaining the cats with its stupid gopher game. OK, these gophers pop out and hold up Chinese lettering, and they taunt me.

The packing went smoothly, and I felt less nervous because I got a lot accomplished. A good friend helped me figure out what items should stay or should go. All in all, I was productive.

And I especially felt happy while folding the few baby clothes I'm taking. I felt like a bonafide mom-to-be.

I didn't even allow my mood to deflate when I spoke with someone claiming to know all the restaurants in Asia and that I could employ this "expert's" knowledge base of all things Asia.

Yeah, my priority is being as well-rested as possible the night before holding my baby in my arms, so how many stars a restaurant has isn't really foremost on my mind. If I can't find a convenient place to eat, therefore, I'll snuggle up with a small can of tuna, thank you very much.

Anyway, my goal is to try to rest and to stay emotionally and physically healthy. My best friend is sick with bronchitis and strep, so she can't see me this week. I am disappointed, but I am much more concerned with her health than whether she can see me pre-trip.

The quarantine regarding the H1N1 doesn't phase me at all. I'm not afraid of the remote possibility of being quarantined. There's so much fuss over this flu, it's ridiculous.

I guess I could go all hysterical about the fact that I don't have a companion flying with me and that I will be beyond exhausted, but after one survives cancer, like I did, I look forward to the exhaustion because I will be finally realizing my 15-year dream of mothering a child.

Life is good, and I have nothing to whine about. In fact, whining is for sissies.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. "these gophers pop out and hold up Chinese lettering, and they taunt me."

    You crack me up!

    ReplyDelete