Friday, July 17, 2009

Blast-Off

Today is the day I leave for China.

I can't believe this moment, the one I've been waiting for for so long, is finally here. I am savoring this moment, this beautiful summer morning.

Destiny is finally joining Wen Pei and me.

I'm bringing my sketchbook, pencils, and a good book on the plane. But most important, I'm bringing myself.

Hang in there, Wen Pei. Mommy's coming to get you and bring you home.

Beth L. Gainer is a professional writer and has published numerous academic and magazine articles, as well as an essay on her breast cancer experience in the anthology Voices of Breast Cancer by LaChance Publishing. She writes about medical advocacy at www.bethlgainer.blogspot.com, and her cat Hemi blogs at www.catterchatter.blogspot.com. Beth teaches writing and literature at Robert Morris University in the Chicago area. She can be contacted at bethlgainer@gmail.com and gainercallingtheshots@gmail.com. She also blogs on the adventures of her cats, Hemi and Cosette, at http://www.catterchatter.blogspot.com./.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment